A beautiful combination of the traditional Thai flavours of chili, coconut and basil, Thai Coconut Chili Chicken has a nice spicy kick, is easy, quick and cheap to make, but tastes like a million bucks.
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large onion, small diced
- 1-2 tbsp. small red Thai chilis, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. (700 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into 1/2″ strips
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chiffonade (small shreds)
- 1 tsp. palm sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh coriander root, washed and minced
- 3 tbsp. Thai fish sauce (available in most grocery stores)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
1. Heat coconut oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and chilis and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Turn heat to medium-high, add chicken strips and cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Add basil, palm sugar, coriander root and fish sauce. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in coconut cream and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve hot on its own or over Jasmine rice.